South Jersey Family Law

Rebel Brown Law Group, LLC

South Jersey Children’s Disability Lawyer

Social Security Income (SSI) is a crucial government assistance program that’s in place to provide benefits for children with long-term disabilities. To qualify for this assistance program, a child must have a qualifying disabling condition, be under the age of 18, and be from a family with income below a certain threshold.

Rebel Brown Law Group has served the South Jersey community for years, and our child SSI lawyers are equipped to fight on your behalf from the moment you come in for your initial consultation.

Call us today at (856) 881-5000 to schedule your free case consultation.

Does My Child Qualify for SSI Disability Benefits?

Your child must meet a variety of criteria set in place by the Social Security Administration (SSA) to qualify for Social Security Income.

The SSA publishes an official listing of impairments, more commonly known as the “Blue Book,” that outlines which medical conditions qualify someone for SSI. This list also specifies how severe the condition must be to qualify a child for benefits. This listing of impairments includes:

  • Immune system disorders
  • Musculoskeletal system disorders
  • Low birth weight and failure to thrive
  • Special senses and speech
  • Respiratory disorders
  • Skin disorders
  • Mental disorders
  • Cardiovascular system disorders
  • Genitourinary disorders
  • Digestive system disorders
  • Hematological disorders
  • Congenital disorders that affect multiple body systems
  • Neurological disorders
  • Endocrine disorders
  • Cancer

If your child does not have one of the conditions listed in the Blue Book, they may still qualify for benefits. In either case, we recommend applying for benefits with the help of our experienced disability attorneys. This will give you the best chance of a fast and positive outcome.

Best of all, our Social Security disability lawyers work on a contingency fee basis. This means that you won’t owe anything until you receive the benefits you’re owed.

How to File for SSI Benefits For Your Child

Before you can file a Social Security disability claim for your child, you will need to file a Child Disability Report, which authorizes your child’s doctor to share medical information with the SSA.

Once this report is submitted, you’ll need to set up an appointment at your local SSA office to complete the SSI application process. You’ll need to bring an extensive list of documents including a full list of healthcare professionals who have worked with your child in the last year, medical records, a list of medications your child is taking, school records, and proof of your income, just to name a few.

Requesting SSI benefits can be extremely challenging, given the in-depth nature of the application and interview process. Making mistakes on your application can lead to lengthy processing delays. To make the task less stressful, we highly recommend turning to an experienced Social Security disability attorney.

Our attorneys will take care of everything in the application process—from contacting doctors and hospitals to filing application materials and fighting on your behalf in the case of an appeal. Having an attorney on your side is a crucial step in helping you win benefits for your child.

How Our Child Social Security Disability Lawyer Can Help

Rebel Brown Law Group has been serving residents of the South Jersey community since 2008. With over 50 years of combined experience, our attorneys understand what it takes to provide compassionate guidance to those navigating the Social Security system.

We take care of everything, from organizing your case and submitting applications to helping you secure medical records and representing you in reconsideration hearings. Whether your child is living with a long-term disability or facing a new condition, our attorneys are here to help them get the support they need.

Our attorneys work on a contingency fee basis for all disability cases. This means that you won’t owe anything up-front, and you will only be charged if the Social Security Administration (SSA) grants you SSI benefits.

Meet with a Children’s Social Security Disability Lawyer in South Jersey

If you’re struggling to secure support for your child, turn to the experienced child disability attorneys at Rebel Brown Law Group. We’ll fight for you to help you earn the support your child deserves.

Call us today at ​​(856) 881-5000 to set up your free case consultation.

Join our Mailing List!

    Let us help you

    If you have a family law need contact us today.
    To schedule a consultation

    Call Us Now!

    New Jersey Social Security Disability Attorney (856) 881-5000

    or fill out our contact form.