College Tuition and Divorce

If your child is preparing for college and your ex-spouse has stated that he/she will not assist with paying for it, consider going to court. Although the New Jersey Child Support Guidelines apply to children who are younger than 18 years of age or who are more than 18 years of age but still attending high school or similar secondary educational institution, it does not mean that both parents do not have an obligation to assist with paying for college.

In fact, New Jersey courts have utilized the guidelines to calculate child support for a child who is living at home and commuting to attend college full-time. A child that does not live at home and attends college full-time may still be entitled to support obligation, but the court will not use the Guidelines to set such obligation.

If your ex-spouse is refusing to assist with paying for your child’s college education, let us help.


Featured Posts

Site Map:    Home   |   Practice Areas    |    About Us    |    Articles    |    Contact

  • Grey Facebook Icon
  • Grey Twitter Icon
  • Grey LinkedIn Icon
  • Grey Google+ Icon

This website may constitute an advertisement. Choosing an attorney is an important decision that should not be based on advertising alone.  If you believe that this website is inaccurate or misleading, you may report it to the Committee on Attorney Advertising, Hughes Justice Complex, P.O. Box 037, Trenton, NJ 08625.


Office Locations:
103 S Main St, Glassboro, NJ 08028 
429 White Horse Pike, Haddon Heights, NJ 08035 
1704 Maxwell Drive, Suite 302, Wall, NJ 07719


©2020 Rebel Brown Law Group, LLC