Search Site
College Tuition and Divorce

If your child is preparing for college and your ex-spouse has stated that he/she will not assist with paying for it, consider going to court. Although the New Jersey Child Support Guidelines apply to children who are younger than 18 years of age or who are more than 18 years of age but still attending high school or similar secondary educational institution, it does not mean that both parents do not have an obligation to assist with paying for college.

In fact, New Jersey courts have utilized the guidelines to calculate child support for a child who is living at home and commuting to attend college full-time. A child that does not live at home and attends college full-time may still be entitled to support obligation, but the court will not use the guidelines to set such obligation.

If your ex-spouse is refusing to assist with paying for your child’s college education, let us help.

Contact us

Please fill out the form below and one of our attorneys will contact you.

Quick Contact Form

Our Offices
  • Glassboro Office
    103 South Main Street
    Glassboro, New Jersey 08028
    Phone: 856-881-5000
  • Haddon Heights Office
    429 White Horse Pike
    Haddon Heights, NJ 08035
    Phone: 856-881-5000
Awards & Memberships